Tuesday, March 1, 2011

By Lori Design Challenge #6

Good Morning! I absolutely adore Lori Boyd's images, found at By Lori Designs. Peekaboo Baby is one of my favorites and I've been chomping at the bit to use it since I bought it. I was out browsing By Lori Designs Blog and came across the By Lori Design Color Challenge # 6. A perfect opportunity to use Peekaboo Baby! I love the color combination for this challenge. In my opinion they are perfect for a baby card! The colors are shown below...

I searched my scrap box and came up with what I think is a great combo of papers and then got out my Prismacolors and Gamsol and came up with this card...


The image of course is Peekaboo Baby from By Lori Designs. The textured cardstock is all from Bazzill and the D.P. is from Colorbok by Heidi Grace Designs. The flower brads are from Makingmemories. Organza Ribbon. I used a flower stamp from Fiskars clear stamps Petals From Scratch Set on the edge of the cardbase and VersaMagics's Aegean Blue Inkpad. The Sentiment is from the same Fiskars Clear Stamp set.

I used only Prismacolors and Gamsol on this one. I wanted a softer blend than what I could achieve with Copics. I also added the white dots around the flower petals with a white paint pen and finished it off with a few spots of glitter here and there. I love the way this one turned out! I'll be using this cute little image lots!

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Carol....this is precious!! Your coloring is so delicate and pretty...I LOVE it!! Thank you soo very much for playing along with BLD this week!!!
    HUGS -LORi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ONE of my favourite images that Lori offers! You worked some magic with those Prismas! Beautifully done! :) Tracy BLDC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely Carol! Your colouring is amazing!!

    Thx for sharing with us at the By LORi Designs challenge!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love the image and "great coloring".. So beautiful, Thanks for sharing with us at BLD

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol this is fabulous! I love the effect of the Prismacolor pencils - they do lend a wonderful soft effect which is perfect on a baby card like this. I also like the effect of the white gel pen - very clever detail that makes your version of the digi stand out from the crowd. Super job with the challenge colors too. Thanks for joining us at the By LORi Designs challenge. Hope you'll play our challenges again.
    All the best,
    Sharon, BLD-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card....love it :)
    Thanks for joining in the fun at BLD x

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute card. Love the ribbon on the flower pot. Thanks for joining us at By LORi Designs Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete