Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bronte and Louis

I just love Mo Manning's images. How can you not fall in love with them? I've had a pile of them waiting for color and today I finally got a change to sit down and color! Bronte and Louis was the first image I grabbed, you can find it here if you would like to purchase it. If you haven't already, take some time and check out Mo Manning's website and gallery. There are so many awesome ideas there. It's a great inspiration to me.

So this is what I did with Bronte and Louis...
It seems like I always gravitate towards yellow, blues and browns when I color images with little boys. I guess we all have color combos that we favor and these are some of mine. I colored Louis with Copics and then added a touch of dark brown Prismacolor to his hair. Bronte is also colored with Copics and shaded with Prismacolors. I was going to add more detail to Bronte and try to get his fur more detailed but I already had Louis done and I didn't want to mess up and have to start over so I'll practice the fur on other stamps before I put too much work into them. The grass and blue shading are Prismacolor\Gamsol.

Do you work with Prismacolors and Gamsol often? Here's something I learned in the last week or so...I noticed that sometimes when I go to blend with Gamsol I don't get a smooth, soft effect and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Then it dawned on me that I was adding the colored pencil, letting the image sit for a few hours or even over night and then going back to do the blending...the result...well, I assume that the wax base of the pencil dries up enough to make it less blendable. So now I make sure to blend whatever I add right away and it's been smooth blending ever since.

All the paper in this card is from my scrapbox so I'm not sure of the brands, but I think the textured cardstock is probably Bazzill and the yellow and blue spiral is from a stack I bought at Michael's about 7 years ago!! I printed the "Have fun!" Sentiment and then punched it and cut the yellow circle on my Cricut. The inside sentiment reads "Happy Birthday to a special little guy!".  I added a little bit of ribbon and a few silver brads, did a little stitching and it was done.

Time for me to get supper going!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment