Monday, March 7, 2011

Sassy Cheryl's Color Me Challenge # 13 - Well, almost anyway!!

I planned on getting this card done this morning and entering it in Sassy Cheryl's Color Me Challenge # 13 but work got in my way! I don't usually work on Monday's but a project has come up that I need to put a few more hours into, so rather than be at my home desk making cards, I was at my work desk trying to make sense of xml code!! Oh well, I guess I have to work in order to play! I'm very thankful that I have a good job and feel very fortunate when so many others are not working.

So here's my card that almost made it into the challenge!


As you can see I used Funky Watering Can Filled with Flowers. You can click the link to purchase it yourself. The coloring is all done with Prismacolors and Gamsol. Oh wait, I did use copics to do the stems and then added white prismacolor to them. The DP is Creative Imaginations Studio Basics 101 line. It's a double sided paper with the stripes on one side and the funky circles on the other and when I pulled it out...it was perfect for the job! I know a lot of people pick their paper first but I usually color first, then go to my paper. Backwards? I do get some inspiration from color combos on paper from time to time but usually I just go with the flow and pick the colors based on the image, unless of course I buy paper with a specific image in mind.

The sentiment on the card came from Playing with Paper Blog. Jess there has some very nice free digital sentiments. Thank you Jess!

Well, I missed this challenge and will be more careful to get my entries done sooner for the next one! I still had a blast making this card! I love Sassy Cheryl's images and it makes the color me challenges so much fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Carol! Sorry about the mix-up. Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the accent ribbon.
    Thanks for playing in the COLOR ME challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful card Carol, your colour combination is lovely. Gillian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love funky things and your watering can is great.

    ReplyDelete