Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Spring!

I can't believe it's been nearly two weeks since I added anything new here!

So often I'm asked if I sell my cards. I do sell them and usually it's the seasonal cards that go over the best. I make them up ahead of time and send them off with friends to their work places, lots of them sell but I usually end up with a few left overs.  So I have been looking for a better way to sell them (although I'll probably continue to sell through my friends) and since I've gotten back into paper crafting in the last few months, I have become familiar with http://www.etsy.com/. What a wonderful resource for crafters! If you haven't gone there yet you really need to take some time and check it out. So many wonderful things to see and buy! I officially opened up shop there and you can get there by clicking here. I wanted to have my shop name be the same as my blog name, because it only makes sense, but I got ahead of myself and ended up with it being my user name. I can change it but it would mean shutting down one to open the other. I might do it yet, but for now I'm just going to keep what i have. If you create an account in Etsy and think you may ever sell there, be sure to give your user name some thought because it also becomes your shop name should you every decide to sell items. So much to learn!

So on to the fun stuff...I've been busy making cards and most of my new ones can be seen in my Etsy store but I'll also post a few here with some of the details...


I found this cute little bunny image at Creativepointe blogspot. It's a freebie and if you hurry over there you may still be able to get a copy. Doesn't it remind you of the Classic Winnie the Pooh illustrations? I have always loved those, so when I saw this neat little bunny, I had a ton of ideas for him. These are just two that I've come up with. I really think I should have added some stitching but had these all together before I realized it. I used Copics to color the flowers and greens in the pot and to put the grey "out-line" inside the bunny. I also used Copics to add the pink to the ears. The blue shading, the green grass and pink cheeks were all done with Prismacolors\gamsol. I added a few little white dots on the flowers with a paint pen and then just a touch of glitter. Slapped on the ribbon and bling brads and that's it. This is such a nice image because it can be simply for spring or Easter and this card goes together fast so it's a good one if you have a long list of Easter\spring cards to make.

I have lots to do this afternoon so I'm going to stop here. I'm so looking forward to warmer weather and spring!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment