Sunday, March 6, 2011

By Lori Designs Challenge # 7

Where did the weekend go?! I decided on Friday night that I was going to join By Lori Designs Challenge # 7. I had looked at the color selection for the challenge several times and picked out the cardstock I wanted to use, just to go back to my stacks of paper to start all over again. It seems each time I looked at the colors on my computer, they seemed different! So this is what I ended up with and in the end, I'm not sure I did a very good job matching the colors but I sure had fun trying!

Here are the challenge colors:

And here is my card...

The textured cardstocks are all Bazzill. The DP is from Colorboks (Heidi Grace Designs). The image is a digital from By Lori Designs and is called Lollipop Buggy Bumblebee. Which I just love! The sentiment is from The Angel Company. Flower brad is from Making Memories and the Organza ribbon is from, well I'm not sure but probably Wal-Mart.

I cut the oval with my Cricut. I used a toothpick as the sign stick. The cute little guy is colored mostly with PrismaColor Pencils and Gamsol. I did use a Copic marker to get the little stripes on the legs green. I used a white paint marker to put the little dots around the wings and head. To finish it off I put a dot of glitter here and there around the face and wings.   Hope you like it!!


9 comments:

  1. Hi Carol -
    I'm so glad you've joined us in the By LORi Designs challenge this week. Your card is simply stunning with the dimension and details. I am just crazy about your coloring with the Prismacolor pencils - I sure wish I could achieve these kind of results. It is fabulous and I just love the layout here too. I do hope you'll come back again and play in future challenges too.
    All the best,
    Sharon, BLD-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,
    Your card is so nice, love the DP and your coloring is awesome!
    Thank you for joining in the fun at By LORi Design Challenge this week.
    Mariska
    BLD - Challenge Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Carol honey! This is such a great take on the colour challenge! I love your layout and papers!

    Thank you for joining us at By LORi Designs!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, very sweet sentiment. Thanks for joining us at By LORi Designs!Hugs. Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love the sentiment :)
    Thanks for joining in the fun at BLD x

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute. Thanks for joining us at BLD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! Beautiful DP in the background and I love how you popped this little fella off the page. The sign is great...good idea with the toothpick. And I love this guys bow tie! Thanks for joining us this week at the By LORi Designs Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete