Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tiddly Inks Challenge #40 - Color Me

I recently purchased some digital images from Tiddly Inks and found they have a great challenge this week! It's a COLOR ME challenge and it couldn't have come at a better time of the year. It's pretty drab here in Wisconsin and we could all use a little color! This challenge turned out to be more of a challenge than I expected! I love color - all of them, but I tend to stick to combinations that I refer to as my "signature" colors. I love pinks and greens, and I'm definately partial to using yellows with melon or pinks. More recently I have been using green and blue combinations. So to go all out and use color in this way was really out of the box for me. It was a lot of fun! I'm not sure I'd use this combination together again, but I think it fit the challenge!!



This darling little bug image is from Tiddly Inks and is called Spring HuggABug. The textured colorstock is Bazzill. The DP is all from a Cricut stack called Celebrate. The buttons are from a bag of buttons I purchased at Archiver's a very long time ago. I used paper piecing for the flower, hat and flowers on her dress. I colored her skin, shoes and dress with copics. I used PrismaColors\Gamsol on her wings and to shade the image. I added a few white dots around the flowers and her wings with a white paint pen and then a bit of glitter in the same areas. I used a small over punch on the DP and then attached them around the outside of the blue oval. Overall, I think she is as cute as bug and as colorful as a rainbow!

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. omg that is just way too cute!!!! thankyou for joining in with the tiddly inking fun this week hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. huggabug looks BEAUTIFUL! i love the paper piecing, her adorable bow and all of the beautiful sparkles!! i also love how the oval looks like a gorgeous flower blooming!!

    great job and thanks for joining us this week at TI!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paper piecing and fab patterned papers!

    Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH this is just too cute - LOVE the paper piecing on this gorgeous flower!! Love how you continued that pattern to under the image!! Fabulous card and thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I LOVE your paper pieced flower! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!
    Marlena:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!!! This is just about the cutest thing ever! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!
    p.s. I used to live in Madison, WI...love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is very cute!!! love the paperpiecing. thank you for joining us at tiddly inks this week.

    greetings femke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bright and colourful card, thanks for joining us on Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a supersweet card! Love the scalloped edge behind the oval en this image is one of my favorite's!
    Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! this is precious! LOVE your creative take on the challenge! xxD

    ReplyDelete