Monday, February 28, 2011

Think Easter!...and Sassy Cheryl's Color Me Challenge!

I've been searching the web for Easter digital images and I've found so many adorable stamps! I can't believe how many artist are out there, just at my fingertips. I love the convenience of ordering digital stamps and having them available almost immediately AND never having to leave my house to do it! Awesome! I spent a few hours browsing Etsy the other night and HOLY COW! there is so much available there!

I've been a fan of Sassy Cheryl's digitals from the moment I found them! I especially love her snowmen, but saw this challenge on her blog and thought it would be another great way to work on my Copic coloring skills and recently I've gotten out my beloved Prismacolor pencils and tried using Gamsol. I love the effect. So in answer to Sassy Cheryl's Color Me Challenge # 12, I made this card.


I used Sassy Cheryl's image "Wanna Be Bunny (boy)".  Colored him with Copics and shaded with PrismaColors\Gamsol. The brown and gold cardstock are from Papermates. The various Decorative paper is from Cricut's Celebrations stack and my scrapbox. The eggs are punched with an oval punch from McGill Craftivity (I don't have an eggshape punch but think this worked great!). Ribbon is Offray Grosgrain and the buckle is from Decorative Details (http://www.nunndesign.com/). I've had the buckle for about 5 years so not sure they are even available from there anymore!

Still working on my backgrounds and trying to get them "just right". I used a tan colored chalk on the outer edge of this one and I used prismacolor\gamsol to get the blue outline and while I think it looks ok, it's just not "all there" for me. Do you ever get that feeling when creating a card? That it looks ok, but could be MUCH better? Sometimes I can hit it right the the first time and I love it and other times, I can keep shading, coloring, cutting, adding, repositioning and it takes FOREVER to get something I'm happy with!! Sometimes I just walk away and come back a few hours later and see something I didn't like in a whole new light! Oh the woes of papercrafting! I wouldn't have it any other way and only if all the "woes" of life could be so wonderful!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is simply so stinkin' cute, Carol. Love, love, love that sky! A simply amazing card!!!!
    Thanks for playing in the COLOR ME challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cheryl! this is just adorable as can be.. Love it! wonderful coloring on this little guy with attitude!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations Carol on winning the color me challenge with this darling card!
    I love the eggs across the bottom and your colors... perfect little boy colors.
    So glad you played in the challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete