Saturday, February 12, 2011

More Mo's with Copics

So I've been working on my Copic Marker skills, searching the internet for tips and tutorials and I've found some really great sites and blogs with wonderful information and examples. I'm awed by all the talent and I love how the internet makes it all so accessible to all of us! I've also found some other techniques that I'm really excited to try.

About 4 years ago I temporarily stopped stamping and paper crafting because I was going through a divorce and moved what was a complete basement craft room into an apartment about the same size as it!! I tried to satisfy my urge to stamp by poking around on the web, checking out sites of well known stamps companies and such and that's how I came across Copics and how much popularity they have gained in the last few years among hobby crafters and I saw the results on many blogs and decided I HAD to have them. So I put them on my Christmas list and I can't tell you how pleased I was when a full set of 144 Ciao Copics were under the tree! Now that I had them, I had to unpack all my supplies and set up a work area and I'm so glad I did! I've missed this hobby and all the wonderful people that share it with me! Until these markers, my favorite media was PrismaColor Pencils - both regular and watercolor. I also enjoyed paper piecing. I still love my PrismaColors but I have to tell you that I'm amazed with the Copics! I've applied much of the same shading techniques used with Prismas to Copics and I feel like I've made great progress in the few weeks that I've been using them. I think the images I'm posting today turned out good and I intend to keep working at it!

In addition to finding this wonderful new way to color, I've found a whole new world of stamps and digital images. I'm in love with Mo Manning images and have come across several others designers that I can't wait to get my hands on! When I was a kid I was a huge fan of HighLights Magazine and when I first saw Mo's designs it reminded me of the joy I used to get from gushing over Highlights when I was a kid! Imagine my surprise to learn that Mo does illustrations for HighLights. I'm in awe and feel so privileged that she has made these images available to the public to "dress up" as we each see fit. Thank you Mo!

So here are a few more of Mo Manning's images that I've practiced my Copic skills on. Yes, they are pretty much the same...just different colors, but using the same image in different colors has really helped me to get my shading and colors ranges down.

Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

  1. You do a fantastic job on your coloring! Please continue to share with us.

    ReplyDelete