Sunday, August 28, 2011

Red and Green

Red and Green is a color combination that can be used in every season. In the spring I picture bright red tulips with vivid green leaves against a backdrop of melting white snow, fresh from a spring snowstorm. In the summer I see Dahlias, Hollyhocks and Petunias all surrounded by foliage in beautiful shades of green. Fall brings beautiful crisp red apples wrapped up in the green leaves of the apple trees and the blazing red of turning hardwood leaves. Then there is winter and Christmas and what Christmas has gone past without stunning poinsettias’ and green Christmas trees...

When I saw the Inspiration Challenge this week over at The Pink Elephant TPE Challenge 113, I couldn't resist the urge to create something using the colors involved...green and red.





The the girl with her balloons is an image from By Lori Designs - and you can have her for your own by clicking here - Bugs and Roo Hazel. She's a sweetie. The paper I used all came from my scrap bin. I paper pieced her dress and balloons. I colored Hazel's hair, tights and shoes with Copics and shaded around her with prismas. Added a bit of ribbon, glitter and gems. It is simple and sweet. I think it will make a wonderful Birthday card for my sister from Colorado who is coming to visit over Labor Day. I can't wait to see her!

This card went together really quickly. I tend to get caught up in coloring and shading and with paper piecing, there was very little coloring to do. The shapes were easy to cut out and it all came together in a snap. In the end...I love the color combo and the whole card.

Thanks for blogging by!

1 comment:

  1. Super adorable!! Love the B&R image and your great take on this weeks inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!!

    ReplyDelete